The Temora 1000 is a thousand metre sprint from a standing start, held on an airport runway ( Temora Airport).
The Temora 1000 is to be held on September 8th 2012 at the Temora Airport NSW. There are plenty of videos of the event on youtube from 2011 (check the video at the bottom of this post). The idea of being able to blast your car from a standing start for one kilometre brings about a big grin.
Last year the line up of cars varied from old, new, exotic, drag, drift… The winner or car that crossed the line at the highest speed was a VL commodore (fancy that!) hitting just over 296kph and crossing the 1,000 metres in just 19.9 seconds!
Information about the event (will update as I find out more information).
*** Limit of 120 cars
*** $125 per entry
1) All participants must hold a Level 2 Speed CAMS license at a minimum. This will require you to be a member of a CAMS affiliated car club
2) THIS IS NOT A BURNOUT COMP. THERE WILL BE NO TYRE WARMING WHAT SO EVER. IF YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE IN BURNOUTS, PLEASE ATTEND WSID ON A WEDNESDAY NIGHT.
3) CARS WILL BE CHECKED OVER BY A CAMS SCRUITNEER ON THE DAY. THEY DO NOT HAVE TO BE REGO’D, BUT DO HAVE TO PASS SCRUITINEERING.
4) There will be a fire/rescue crew onsite
5) There will be no refunds on entries once paid. If for whatever reason you cannot attend once entered, you need to sell your spot to someone
6) We are basing this event as 6+ runs per person
7) ANY DRIVING ON AT THE EVENT, NOT IN THE SPIRIT OF THE DAY, WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AND YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE. WE WILL BE RUNNING SUCH A TIGHT DAY, THAT WE DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR PEOPLE BEING IDIOTS. There is a massive difference between having fun, driving well and enjoying yourself and wrecking the day for others because you are wasting time
Passangers are no allowed for the events this year.
9) No Motorbikes or Karts
10) Timing will be done with proper point-to-point timing equipment similar to a special stage on a rally
Check out their facebook page here
Email : email@example.com