join Modified Car Forums on FacebookModified Car Forums on Youtube
FAQ Members List Timeslips Arcade Games Conversion Calculators Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Modified Car Forums, an online Modified Car enthusiasts community with other like minded people who WON'T bash you for spending your hard earned $ on your pride and joy!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to

• post topics
  • private message other members (PM)
  • respond to polls
  • this message will no longer be displayed once you register.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Modified Car Forums Support Team.

Go Back   Modified Car Forums > Public Forums > Blog Entries

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 21-05-2008, 04:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
aj510
MCF Admin

Cool [FEATURED RIDE] 1966 Yellow XR Falcon

Nate bought this XR as a rolling painted shell in 2005 with plans of building a nice tough straight street cruiser. We followed Nate from Wallsend to Nobbys beach in Newcastle and the XR attracted alot of looks from other motorists and passers by. It’s not a wonder really, it’s straight as a die, bright yellow paint job and has the burble all cars with 8 cylinders should have. There is something about the shape of an XR Falcon, single lights with a nice big chrome grill up front.

The rear end on an XR really stands out, with two dirty big round brake lights pointing at you with the indicators smack bang in the middle. The removal of all badges shows how neat and clean even a falcon can be.

While not being a huge powerhouse, this XR is a very tidy street cruiser.

… 20k’s from home when the Gilmer belt jumped off, ripped out the wiring harness and the thermo fan which inturn dented the bonnet and cracked a bit of paint…

“I drove down from Newcastle for Powercruise 12 in sydney and only got 20k’s from home when the Gilmer belt jumped off, ripped out the wiring harness and the thermo fan which inturn dented the bonnet and cracked a bit of paint. Towed it back home and took the wifes car to Sydney. Once at powercruise we got a car trailer and went back to get my car. Fixed up the gilmore belt and towed it down to Sydney. First lap of Eastern Creek I got a puncture and parked it for the rest of the weekend. On the way home I cooked the motor (no thermo running thanks to the gilmore belt) then just as I thought my weekend woes were complete, I snapped off the key in my garage door….what a top weekend!!”

Nate followed the yellow theme throughout the car, even going as far as chasing down some yellow seatbelts and yellow ignition leads

What’s Next?

“Would like to take it to WSID, just to see what it does, then just enjoy it, take it to the odd event and maybe in the future rustle up a bit more power”.

Congrats on a tidy streeter Nate, we enjoyed taking photos and getting a few vids of it, hope it treats you right for the next Sydney Powercruise!

Quick Specs

Nate Berry aka v8capri8
1966 Ford XR Falcon
Colour : Yellow

ENGINE

Make : Cleveland, 351ci
Carbie : Barry Grant 725cfm
Inlet Manifold : Funnelweb
Heads : stock
Ignition : Mallory
Exhaust : Tri-y Twin 2″
Cooling : Alloy Radiator
TRANSMISSION
Gearbox : C4
Converter : Standard
Diff : Full spool 9” 3.9:1

SUSPENSION & BRAKES

Springs : Front Kings Low Springs, Monroe shocks all round
Brakes : Front - XW Disc with HQ calipers, Rear stock XR drums

INTERIOR

Seats : Stock XT Bench
Wheel : Saas
Trim : White vinyl all round
Instruments : Autometer
Shifter : B&M Pro Ratchet
Custom : Yellow seatbelts
RUBBER & RIMS
Tyres : 235/45/17 on front and rear wrapped in black rubber
Wheels : HP Sabre
THANKS
Big thanks to my wife Kerby for putting up with the XR and GJ Differential

Full Gallery of Nates XR

Video of Nates XR(compilation)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Peter Brock - bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell

Last edited by aj510; 22-05-2008 at 07:13 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Old 21-05-2008, 05:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
BSZERK
MCF Moderator

Ride: BSZERK

Damn I Love This Thing

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 21-05-2008, 05:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
RpM
Gear Cruncher

Ride: WILDVH SLE

Thats a nice lookin falcon... Not meaning to nit pick, but isn't it a "Gilmer" Drive, not a Gilmore drive?

WILDVH - It's a WILD Ride!!

Old 21-05-2008, 06:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Oscar of Markoz
Provisional Driver

Ride: TF Cortina

I just love the originality of what you've done to it. It really is a sweet looking ride. But hows ya luck, geez!
Old 21-05-2008, 06:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
aj510
MCF Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSZERK View Post
Damn I Love This Thing
yeah I agree, i'm a holden man but love the xr's

Quote:
Originally Posted by RpM View Post
Thats a nice lookin falcon... Not meaning to nit pick, but isn't it a "Gilmer" Drive, not a Gilmore drive?
haha yeh it is - will update that now

Quote:
Peter Brock - bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell
Old 21-05-2008, 07:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
FAT-245
Banned because i am a retard

Ride: Hey Charger...MY ASS!

Very neat car there mate!

Sorry to hear all your issues with the cooling and endless problems...
Old 22-05-2008, 02:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
DaN VH
Brake Slammer

Ride: 1982 VH SLE
Send a message via MSN to DaN VH

All cars have their problems but hey its all worth it if you end up with something like that at the end of the day! Bloody tidy car mate i wish there was more old falcons around like this.

Old 22-05-2008, 05:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
cycov8
MCF Super Mod

Ride: ford cortina

well done mate old fords only get better

Old 22-05-2008, 06:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
bigred360
Virgin Racer

Ride: Hey Charger!!

Very nice Nate - what a great cruiser - not surprised it attracts plenty of attention.

one question - what mufflers are you running/

Old 22-05-2008, 06:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
v8capri8
Provisional Driver

Ride: 1966 ford falcon

hey guys thanx for the feedback big red the mufflers i'm running are lukeys

Real cars are made with spanners not chopsticks