join Modified Car Forums on FacebookModified Car Forums on Youtube
FAQ Members List Timeslips Arcade Games Conversion Calculators Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Modified Car Forums, an online Modified Car enthusiasts community with other like minded people who WON'T bash you for spending your hard earned $ on your pride and joy!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to

• post topics
  • private message other members (PM)
  • respond to polls
  • this message will no longer be displayed once you register.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Modified Car Forums Support Team.

Go Back   Modified Car Forums > Public Forums > Blog Entries

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2008, 10:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
aj510
MCF Admin

Exclamation [FEATURED RIDE] 1975 TD Cortina HYPO75 built for dragracing

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper

Anthony’s 10 second 1975 TD Cortina is powered by a 351 stroked to 408cubes pumping out a little over 500hp at the fly. This corty has been built with one thing in mind DRAG RACING! A regular at WSID, Anthony ran his PB recently with a 10.68 @ 127.9mph, all done on slicks that were showing canvas and running out of legs at 3/4 track. Whilst having the motor built for NOS and all the good bits installed ready to use, Anthony is yet to run on the bottle, for now he runs a 50/50 mix of PULP and AVGAS.

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper

No you’re not seeing double, there are two fuel pressure gauges mounted on the bonnet. One is for carby fuel pressure and the other is for NOS fuel pressure.

All mods have been done with speed in mind ie paint colour, red cars go faster…

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper

Race ready interior consists of a custom alloy dash filled with autometer gauges, 6 point Andra spec roll cage, RCI racing seats and harnesses and the G meter. That’s not a scented leaf but a G Meter - check the video(linked above) to see Anthonys home made G meter in action.

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper

“All mods have been done with speed in mind, ie paint colour because red cars go faster. For proof just ask cycov8 why his blue flame coloured car can’t keep up with mine.”

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper

Hornet scoop helps direct that cool night air down the carby.

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper

A reliable quick street / strip car, Anthony drives his corty to and from the track, so it really is a true street / strip car and attends the odd Muscle Car Cruise and Powercruise events.

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper

A 200hp shot of NOS is sitting in the boot yet to be used on the track as yet. The motor was originally built to withstand a shot of NOS, but Anthony has been keen to see what times he can achieve without the NOS for now, plus as mentioned already, he’s running out of legs on the strip as it is so maybe a change of diff ratio along with the NOS will be the next mod.

What’s Next?

“My last run at WSID was on completely worn out slicks, the canvas was actually showing and I still achieve a personal best of 10.68 @ 127.9mph. So I’d like to see if I can better that time with a new set of slicks. Then maybe later on throw a 100 shot of NOS through it and hit low 10’s / high 9’s. Judging from what i’ve seen other cars do a 200 shot of NOS should see me into the mid to low 9’s @ around 140 to 143mph”.

Quick Specs

Anthony Zarb aka hypo75
1975 Ford TD Cortina
Colour : Burgundy

ENGINE

Make : Ford Boss 351 stroked to 408cubes
Carbie : Holley 950cfm
Heads : Ported & Polished clevo heads
Ignition : MSD Pro Billet
Exhaust :Twin 3″ exhaust
Cooling : Alloy Radiator
Crankshaft : SCAT 4″
Inlet Manifold : Track Boss with 2″ Ace super sucker tapered spacer
Rods : small block chev rods

TRANSMISSION

Gearbox : C4
Converter : Dominator 4200 Stally
Diff : Full spool 9” 4.11
SUSPENSION & BRAKES
Springs : Kings Springs & Koni 90/10’s up front with Kings & koni adjustables at the rear.
Sway Bar : McDonals Brothers Racing Anti Roll Bar (stops front left picking up on hard launches).
Brakes : Front - discs with XY drums on the rear

INTERIOR

Seats : RCI
Wheel : Wood grain
Trim : Red & Black trim
Instruments : Autometer
Shifter : B&M Pro Ratchet
Custom : 5 Point RCI harnesses
Roll Cage : Andra spec 6 point cage
RUBBER & RIMS
Tyres : Rear - Yokohama 245/60/15. Front - Yokohama 165/60/15
Wheels : Weld Aluminium Stars

THANKS
John and the boys at C&B Performance 9674 6989, Dave at Austrlian Transmission Centre 9630 8833, Gerrys Automotives 9838 8323 & Anthony Giruween Exhaust 9688 3686

Full Gallery of HYPO75

Video of HYPO75 (compilation)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Peter Brock - bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell

Last edited by aj510; 21-08-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2008, 10:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Oscar of Markoz
Provisional Driver

Ride: TF Cortina

Hell yeah baby. Another Awesome cortina. And a sweet colour to boot. Great work Anthony.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-06-2008, 11:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
bigred360
Virgin Racer

Ride: Hey Charger!!

Very, Very nice Anthony - engine bay is seriously tuff.

Reckon you must have a few interesting chats with the boys in blue by now??? No way she is going pass as a standard Corty.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
hypo 75
MCF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred360 View Post
Very, Very nice Anthony - engine bay is seriously tuff.

Reckon you must have a few interesting chats with the boys in blue by now??? No way she is going pass as a standard Corty.
thanks big red you would be surprsed i have only been stopped once did a little skid on my way home from the drags and surprisingly was let of with just a warning must have been the puppy dog inicent look i gave him dont mind telling you i had to change my pants when i did get home tho

Old 03-06-2008, 01:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Oscar of Markoz
Provisional Driver

Ride: TF Cortina

Last night, what was last night?
Old 03-06-2008, 04:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
cycov8
MCF Super Mod

Ride: ford cortina

Hey anthony looks great in photo's well done mate

Old 03-06-2008, 04:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
BSZERK
MCF Moderator

Ride: BSZERK

Very Very Nice Anthony Cant Wait To See It In The Flesh