join Modified Car Forums on FacebookModified Car Forums on Youtube
FAQ Members List Timeslips Arcade Games Conversion Calculators Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Modified Car Forums, an online Modified Car enthusiasts community with other like minded people who WON'T bash you for spending your hard earned $ on your pride and joy!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to

• post topics
  • private message other members (PM)
  • respond to polls
  • this message will no longer be displayed once you register.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Modified Car Forums Support Team.

Go Back   Modified Car Forums > Public Forums > Blog Entries

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 02:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
simpson
MCF Admin

Ride: FAT406
Default MCF Feature Car WLD77X - 1977 LX Hatch - Pink!!!

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper.

Every now and then you come across a car that really stands out from the crowd, Luke’s 77 LX Hatch not only stands out from the crowd, if you’re not careful it will jump on your head. With paint that look so deep you could fall into it and an engine bay that you could shave in. This little LX Hatch back Torana has been built to be different and to turn heads.
Originally Luke was looking for a 56 Morris when he came across the Hatch by accident 6 years ago as a stock rolling shell. Over the next four years it has gone through an ever contiuning massive transformation. The further you look over WLD77X you really get the feeling that Luke is totally passionate about his car. Just from the small touches the car has like custom billet alloy trimings from the way it is maintained and basically the way he stands near it like a rotweiller guarding their dinner.

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper

Starting from the front, when you open the bonnet of WLD77X the first thing you will notice is an ocean of chrome, stainless and billet alloy covering a very stout 330 cubic inch stroker. Luke decided to go with a 330ci because from experience they are a “happy engine” not streched like the 355 and 383 strokers. The smaller cubed 330 has a distinctive sound and are very happy to rev all day long. Consisting of a combination of chev pistons, hemi rods, Dave Bennet Hiport alloy heads, torque power manifold and an 825 Barry Grany gold claw carby this smaller cubed 330 makes a ship load of reliable power. “It can sound much like a rotary at idle because of a combination of the huge overlap and the cubes”

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper

Backing up this tough little combo is a full manual reverse pattern BMS valve body Turbo 350 with a Dominator 4800rpm stally built to handle what ever the 330 can throw at it. Getting all that power to the black top is a purpose built 4 link rear end with Strange coil overs a minispooled 9” 4.1 gears and 31 spline Moser billet axles.

“Originally it was on the road for about 18 months. I went to a car show with a couple of tubbed Toranas and after following them to and from the show I decided I needed tubs. So on Sunday arvo I got home from the show and by Sunday night I had taken to the car with a grinder”.

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper
“I havn’t thrown it down the quarter with the current combo but it should be good for mid to high 10’s, the old combo a 308 with head work went 11.7″

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper

Why Pink ? “… well to be different and brown is far to messy and i was sick of reds and blues….”

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper

” The 330 cube turned out makes around 350 at the treads it still has a bit more left in it with a good tune, untuned it turned 337 at the bags at Powercruise 2008″

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper

What’s Next? “Well cars are never totally finished but the next things on the to do list are a cage, nitrous, two tone paint and would like to get it on the 1/4 for a run”.

Awards and Trophys Best engine bay a few times, Runner up best competition, Best detail and Presidents choice at Singletone Car Show 2008

Quick Specs
Luke (WLD77X)
1976 LX Hatch Back Torana
Colour : PINK !!!!

ENGINE
Make : 304 stroked to 330
Carbie : 825 cfm Barry Grant Gold Claw
Heads :
Alloy Dave Bennet Hiports
Ignition :
MSD 6al
Exhaust : Twin 3” (lopsided thank Phil) with 4 mufflers
Cooling : Alloy radiator, electric water pump, thermo
Power : 350 at the treads with more to come with a good tune
Performance : Really fast cause it is PINK

TRANSMISSION

Gearbox : Turbo 350
Converter :
4,800rpm Stally
Diff : 9″ 4.1 Minispool 31 Spline Moser Billet Axles

SUSPENSION & BRAKES

Shocks & Springs : 90/10’s up front with standard 6cyl springs, Strange coil over in the rear

INTERIOR

Seats : Retrimmed Grey and Pink
Instruments : Standard and Autometer
Dash : Torana painted pink.

RUBBER & RIMS

Tyres : Rear - 15 * 8” Front - 15 * 4.5”
Wheels : Centreline Convo ET

THANKS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by aj510; 05-03-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2009, 02:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
ima400
Premium Member

Support MCF Become a Premium Member

Ride: LC torana

ive said it befor & ill say it again .

one verey nice turned out car from head to toe , well donr luke
ohh and sorry about the bar dude

if anyone has the chance to have a look at the car you wont be disapointed

even if its pink

8.81 @ 154 on radials with more to come

8.77 @ 155 & still more to come

all throttle no bottle / all steel & glass
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-03-2009, 03:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
IVA-302
Licensed Driver

Awsome car luke!!- well done.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
aj510
MCF Admin

Cruising in WLD77X at powercruise

Quote:
Peter Brock - bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell
Old 05-03-2009, 03:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
hypo 75
MCF Moderator

well luke knows my thoughts on the car but for those who dont lukes car is one extreamly well finished of beasty as chris said neat from tip to toe it truely is a credit to you luke and lindsay for keeping it clean and shiny
but dont be fooled by the excesive shiny bits for a pink car it goes hard
must be the red in the paint they used to mix up the pink
all thats needed now is for luke to pull his finger out and introduce his beasty to wsid

Old 05-03-2009, 04:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
RNAMUC308
Newby

Ride: lh torana

awesome car dude. top job
Old 05-03-2009, 06:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
project ht
Provisional Driver

Ride: ht kingswood

what can i say about lukes little torrie only that its a pices off work and for a person to do 90 persent off the car him self the car is great hats of to you mate oh and thanks for all the help with my car if it wasert for you mate my car wouldent be were it is today thanks heaps mate
Old 05-03-2009, 06:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
YLD-305
Virgin Racer

Ride: holden torana

Great job Luke.The thing looks a million bucks and is always spotless.Its a credit to ya but as good as it looks in photos and videos its 100 times in real life.Top job

Old 05-03-2009, 07:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
aj510
MCF Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by project ht View Post
what can i say about lukes little torrie only that its a pices off work and for a person to do 90 persent off the car him self the car is great hats of to you mate oh and thanks for all the help with my car if it wasert for you mate my car wouldent be were it is today thanks heaps mate
yup guy has some skills and even makes PINK paint look tops on his torry

Quote:
Peter Brock - bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell