join Modified Car Forums on FacebookModified Car Forums on Youtube
FAQ Members List Timeslips Arcade Games Conversion Calculators Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Modified Car Forums, an online Modified Car enthusiasts community with other like minded people who WON'T bash you for spending your hard earned $ on your pride and joy!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to

• post topics
  • private message other members (PM)
  • respond to polls
  • this message will no longer be displayed once you register.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Modified Car Forums Support Team.

Go Back   Modified Car Forums > Public Forums > Blog Entries

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-04-2009, 04:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
aj510
MCF Admin

Arrow MCF Feature Car 'XBCQUP' 1975 XB Coupe GS

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper

As the story usually goes, Lee bought his now mint XB Coupe as a $500 stocker about 5 years ago. It was almost driveable when it was first purchased, a quick run down to PBR for a master cylinder kit and an hour or so spent out the front of old mates house getting the brakes working and she was ready for the drive home. Two years later Lee’s XB emerged from the shed better than when it first rolled out of the factory.

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper

A toploader helps get the tyres moving, SAAS seats and steering wheel help create a nice comfy driving experience. The centre console has been taken from a BA falcon, Lee reckons that it is pretty much a straight swap, not a bad add on. As with most older cars there was no centre console or the ESSENTIAL drink holders in the XB previously!

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper

All panel work was done in Lee’s shed. The Coupe was originally a burnt orange and Lee didn’t like it so painted it matt black in an attempt to get a bit of the mad max appeal going. However the matt black colour always looked dirty no matter how much you cleaned it and the local Constabulary seemed to be attracted to the colour and pulled Lee over far too frequently for his liking so the matt black had to go. The current colour is BA Blood Orange (perhaps the paint maker had a bit too much curry the night before naming this paint…) and looks absolutely mint on the old XB.

…heading back from a cruise night…drove past the lolly pop bloke, I heard a loud thud..

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper
“About 2 years ago, I was heading back from a cruise night and the road was blocked off to a single lane for road works. We all rolled through at about 10k’s an hour, I was the last to go through and as drove past the lollypop bloke, I heard a loud thud. Pulled up and saw that he had whacked my car with his stop/slow sign. The bloke pretty much told me stiff s%^t and after making reports to the police and council I ended up giving up and just got it fixed for myself”.

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper

Motivated by a 351 stroked to a 357, the cleveland is pumping out a stout 260rwkw (~350 odd bhp) in its current form.

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper

“When I first got it back on the road in 2007, I drove it upto the Hardtop Anniversary Nats and ended up taking home Best Modified and Custom Coupe. I was pretty happy with it because I was up against 40grand paint jobs and mine was build in the back shed.”

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper

What’s Next? “I’ve got new 4.56 diff gears lined up and hope to hit Calder for a mid to low 12 when it opens up again”.

Quick Specs
Lee Jarvis
1975 XB Coupe GS
Colour : BA Blood Orange

ENGINE

Make : 351 stroked to 357
Carby : 750 Holley
Heads :
Port & Polished Ford Motorsport
Ignition :
Bosch, CRANE LX-92
Exhaust : Twin 2.5″ with 2 mufflers
Pistons : Keith Black Hypers
Comp : 10.5 to 1
Cooling : Aussie Desert 4 core radiator & AU thermos
Power : 260rwkw
Performance : Not run the quarter yet

TRANSMISSION

Gearbox : 4spd Toploader
Clutch :
Single plate clutch
Diff : 9″ spool, 3.7 gears

SUSPENSION & BRAKES

Shocks & Springs : lowered 2″ all round
Brakes : standard

INTERIOR

Seats : SAAS
Instruments : Autometer and Stock
Dash : Recovered in black velour
Console : AU console

RUBBER & RIMS

Tyres : 15*6″ up front and 15*10″ on the rear
Wheels : Weld Prostars

AWARDS
Best custom and modified coupe at the 30th year hardtop Nationals, Performance Ford Mag May 2008.

THANKS
Chris for spraying Justin, Burger

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Peter Brock - bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell

Last edited by aj510; 07-04-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2009, 04:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
TuffXR
Brake Slammer

Well done bloke. It is always nice to see the Coupe on the road. Instead of in the shed.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-04-2009, 09:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
cycov8
MCF Super Mod

Ride: ford cortina

sweet looking ride dude

Old 07-04-2009, 10:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
LXSS5L
Newby

Ride: LX SS Torana

I reckon the Falcon Coupe is the toughest looking Aussie Muscle car ever made and your's is a perfect example, well done.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
xbcoupe302
Newby

Ride: xbcoupe

thanks guys there was a lot gone into this car my marriadge(not the total blame) the bloke (chris) who painted it pasted away in january.

Ask tuffxr this car was treated in moth balls not now i have grown balls its about time to play and have some fun.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
nicolette
Newby

Ride: mitsubishi lancer CE

wow such an amazing ride i would do anything for this to be sitting in my garage....it's lterally orgasmic!!

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper

As the story usually goes, Lee bought his now mint XB Coupe as a $500 stocker about 5 years ago. It was almost driveable when it was first purchased, a quick run down to PBR for a master cylinder kit and an hour or so spent out the front of old mates house getting the brakes working and she was ready for the drive home. Two years later Lee’s XB emerged from the shed better than when it first rolled out of the factory.

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper

A toploader helps get the tyres moving, SAAS seats and steering wheel help create a nice comfy driving experience. The centre console has been taken from a BA falcon, Lee reckons that it is pretty much a straight swap, not a bad add on. As with most older cars there was no centre console or the ESSENTIAL drink holders in the XB previously!

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper

All panel work was done in Lee’s shed. The Coupe was originally a burnt orange and Lee didn’t like it so painted it matt black in an attempt to get a bit of the mad max appeal going. However the matt black colour always looked dirty no matter how much you cleaned it and the local Constabulary seemed to be attracted to the colour and pulled Lee over far too frequently for his liking so the matt black had to go. The current colour is BA Blood Orange (perhaps the paint maker had a bit too much curry the night before naming this paint…) and looks absolutely mint on the old XB.

…heading back from a cruise night…drove past the lolly pop bloke, I heard a loud thud..

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper
“About 2 years ago, I was heading back from a cruise night and the road was blocked off to a single lane for road works. We all rolled through at about 10k’s an hour, I was the last to go through and as drove past the lollypop bloke, I heard a loud thud. Pulled up and saw that he had whacked my car with his stop/slow sign. The bloke pretty much told me stiff s%^t and after making reports to the police and council I ended up giving up and just got it fixed for myself”.

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper

Motivated by a 351 stroked to a 357, the cleveland is pumping out a stout 260rwkw (~350 odd bhp) in its current form.

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper

“When I first got it back on the road in 2007, I drove it upto the Hardtop Anniversary Nats and ended up taking home Best Modified and Custom Coupe. I was pretty happy with it because I was up against 40grand paint jobs and mine was build in the back shed.”

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper

What’s Next? “I’ve got new 4.56 diff gears lined up and hope to hit Calder for a mid to low 12 when it opens up again”.

Quick Specs
Lee Jarvis
1975 XB Coupe GS
Colour : BA Blood Orange

ENGINE

Make : 351 stroked to 357
Carby : 750 Holley
Heads :
Port & Polished Ford Motorsport
Ignition :
Bosch, CRANE LX-92
Exhaust : Twin 2.5″ with 2 mufflers
Pistons : Keith Black Hypers
Comp : 10.5 to 1
Cooling : Aussie Desert 4 core radiator & AU thermos
Power : 260rwkw
Performance : Not run the quarter yet

TRANSMISSION

Gearbox : 4spd Toploader
Clutch :
Single plate clutch
Diff : 9″ spool, 3.7 gears

SUSPENSION & BRAKES

Shocks & Springs : lowered 2″ all round
Brakes : standard

INTERIOR

Seats : SAAS
Instruments : Autometer and Stock
Dash : Recovered in black velour
Console : AU console

RUBBER & RIMS

Tyres : 15*6″ up front and 15*10″ on the rear
Wheels : Weld Prostars

AWARDS
Best custom and modified coupe at the 30th year hardtop Nationals, Performance Ford Mag May 2008.

THANKS
Chris for spraying Justin, Burger

[/quote]
Old 06-05-2010, 08:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
kustom67
Series Winner

Ride: za fairlane

awsome coupe very neat and sounds the goods well done mate to a awsome falcon coupe
Old 09-05-2010, 01:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Oscar of Markoz
Provisional Driver

Ride: TF Cortina

I have a soft spot for the XB Coupes. I had my mind made up that it was the car I was going to have when I got my licence. But after a few rethinks ended up with the corty.

Beautiful car mate
Old 09-05-2010, 07:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
propig
Gear Cruncher

Ride: blown fc holden ute

sweet looking ride you have there mate, those model coupes are tuff as

cheers brett