join Modified Car Forums on FacebookModified Car Forums on Youtube
FAQ Members List Timeslips Arcade Games Conversion Calculators Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Modified Car Forums, an online Modified Car enthusiasts community with other like minded people who WON'T bash you for spending your hard earned $ on your pride and joy!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to

• post topics
  • private message other members (PM)
  • respond to polls
  • this message will no longer be displayed once you register.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Modified Car Forums Support Team.

Go Back   Modified Car Forums > Public Forums > Blog Entries

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2009, 04:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
aj510
MCF Admin

Exclamation MCF Feature Car UCSMOKE - 1969 HT Premier!

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper

When it comes to burnouts, Steve Loader’s ‘69 HT Premier “UCSMOKE” doesn’t just grab your attention, it slaps you up the side of the face and says “F’N TOUGH”! Out of all the big horsepower cars hitting the burnout pad right now, Steve’s HT gets more love than a hooker offering free rides. DART Bigblock and an Enerle Big and Ugly Hat pump out near on 900 ponies at the rears and take no time to massacre tyres.

Steve started off skidding his 318 powered VJ Valiant ute at Easternats ~5 years ago, upgraded to a 355 powered UC Sunbird Torana which is where the name “UCSMOKE” originally came from. The HT was then bought to be a clean cruiser, Steve bought the HT from a little old lady and only paid $800 for the 186 powered HT! Since then, the 355 from his UC Torana was slapped into the HT and the skids began. From there the HT has had 8 yup 8 different motors , 3 different trannys, gone from mini tubs to a full 4 link rear end, completely custom two tone leather interior and finished off by a Showwheels V-Rods!

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper

The photo above was taken at Gazza Nationals 2008 after UCSMOKE underwent a major overhaul, engine, rims, paint and interior!

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper

The interior is completely custom two tone leather covering the seats, roof lining, cage and dash, full custom dash with autometer gauges and B&M Pistol Grip shifter. The rear seats are gone, tubs take up most of the rear seating area now, but if you’re really keen you can sit right on top of the tubs for a really comfy ride.

Unlike most of these burnout cars, Steve has fitted some VE Clubsport calipers and rotors for a whole heap of stopping power even though the rear brakes no longer exist.

…I **** myself when it caught fire at Gazza Nats, i’d just resprayed and retrimmed the car and the last thing I wanted was to have to do it all again, luckily there was no damage from the flames, it was only a broken tranny line caused the flames…

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper
“I’ve owned the HT for about 5 or 6 years now and have had about 8 motors and 3 different trannys in it. Bought it for $800 from a granny with the 186 in it, painted it black, slammed it on white walls and drove it around like that for a while”.

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper

.. Motor wise I’ve had the 186 in it, then a 308, 355 stroker, tunnel rammed small block, another small block, then blown carbied small block, blown methanol injected small block, and now the blown methanol injected big block ..

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper

“The only reason I initially painted it black was because a mate had 20L of industrial black 2pac laying about so we just painted it black.”

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper

1280 OR 1600 Wallpaper

What happened at summernats? “I was cruising along and the injector hat got stuck open, it froze from the methanol and smashed into a barrier. Spent the night getting it ready for the next day and got to skid it with a new nose cone fitted”.

What’s Next? “Looking at a new motor combo and have my motor up for sale at present”.

Quick Specs
Steven Loader
1969 HT Premier
Colour : Black

ENGINE

Make : 540 cube Dart Block
Induction: Enderle Big and Ugly Hat - injected Methanol
Heads :
DART Pro 1 Heads
Ignition :
MSD 7AL
Exhaust : Twin 4 ” with 2 1/2″ primarys on the headers and 4″ collectors
Cooling :custom alloy radiator
Power : Est ~900 hp
Performance : 10.0 “running like a bag of ****

TRANSMISSION
Gearbox : 2 speed Powerglide
Converter :
TCE 3800rpm stall
Diff : 9″ 3.55 moser centre and 35 spline moser axles

SUSPENSION & BRAKES
Shocks & Springs : 90/10 pedders up front with Strange coil overs on the 4 Link rear end
Brakes : VE Clubsport rotors & calipers upfront with no brakes on the rear

INTERIOR
Seats : retrimmed RCI low back fronts and no rear seats
Instruments : All Autometer gauges
Dash : Custom

RUBBER & RIMS
Tyres : Rear - 18 * 7” Front - 20* 13”
Wheels : Showwheels V-Rods

THANKS
Thanks to my missus (Kylie) and all the boys who have give me a hand with UCSMOKE over the years.
Propipes, SOC Upholstery, Hi Gloss, Speed Pro, Burko Transmissions

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Peter Brock - bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2009, 09:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
ChevLX_77
Premium Member

Support MCF Become a Premium Member

Ride: SBC LX Torana

Looks Awesome

And still chucks a mean burnout
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-06-2009, 09:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
HG383PREM
Provisional Driver

Ride: HG Premier

What a beast, loud as sin, tuff as nails, the way a prem should be

Old 08-06-2009, 02:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
kustom67
Series Winner

Ride: za fairlane

thats one hell beast of a prem awsome machine
Old 08-06-2009, 05:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
KillaMonaro471
Gear Cruncher

this cars a beast! love it!
Old 08-06-2009, 07:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
project ht
Provisional Driver

Ride: ht kingswood

being a kingswood lover this car is a big inspration to me and i hope people would thinck the same about mine when its finished my hats of to steve and the prem the car looks awesom.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
cycov8
MCF Super Mod

Ride: ford cortina

well done steve

Old 09-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
bdking
Newby

Ride: Chevrolet C10 (project)

As someone who is still in the project stages of his first car, the likes of Steve and his prem, Cint and the LC, Leeroy and the Statesman, Easty in the LX these blokes are who you watch to see how you one build a car like that and two how you skid a beast like that... Unreal Mate
Old 19-06-2009, 12:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
SK11TS
MCF Admin

Ride: v8 hilux / 2011 sportster

View My Photo Gallery

Bin Laden Liquors Champion! 3D Frogger Champion! Chuck Norris Champion! 1-i Champion! Assault Paintball Champion! aim and fire Champion! Attack Time Champion! 3D-Stereogram Tetris Champion! Bang adventure Champion! Chao fruit catch super hard Champion! Asteroids 2000 Champion! 3D-Stereogram Tetris Champion! Alkie Kong 2 Champion! Altex III Champion! Battle Pong Champion! Chicken and Eggs Champion! Chao fruit catch medium Champion! Armadillo Cowboy Club Champion! Batman's Gotham dark night Champion! Bricks Of Egypt 2 Champion! City Hunt Champion! Celebrity Hitman Terroist Alert Champion! Brighton Bounty Hunter Champion! Armada Assault Champion! Breakit Champion! Alpine Escape 2 Champion! Angel Pang Champion! Another non-African Safari Champion! Authority Shift Champion! Blix Man Catch Saddam Champion! Blam! Blam! Champion! Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman Champion! Bomby Bomy Champion! Bounce Back Champion! Bouncy n Bob Champion! BRIXXX Champion! Beeku Adventure Champion! Boat Hunt Champion! Chao fruit catch easy Champion! Chao fruit catch hard Champion! Blasterman Champion! Bomb Bandits Champion! Bomber Man Champion! Bungee Rescue Champion! Caray Snake Champion! Chavtris Champion! Cat Death Auto Champion! Car Park Chaos Champion! AutoMobil Champion! Beetle Buggin`: Novice Champion! Angel Power Racing Champion! Brum Brum Champion! Beetle Buggin`: Expert Champion! Carmageddon Champion! A-Blast Champion! Adrians Battle Bots Champion! Alien Rescue Champion! Alien Dash Champion! Alien Booya Champion! Alien Missle Attack Champion! Alien Showdown Champion! Alien Under Fire Champion! Alien Invasion Champion! Alien Terminator Champion! Asteroid Avalanche Champion! Claque Beignet Champion! Addiction Solitaire Champion! Air Strike Champion! Call of Duty 2 Champion! Against War Champion! Air Attack One Champion! Border Patrol Champion! Border 2 Champion!

have always loved the car steve and then when i saw it last year at burnout warriors my jaw hit the floor with how well finished it is now and the fact that your still not afraid to give it a serve on the pad great work

Ban Low Performance Drivers Not High Performance Cars

REAL MEN SMOKE RUBBER