join Modified Car Forums on FacebookModified Car Forums on Youtube
FAQ Members List Timeslips Arcade Games Conversion Calculators Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Modified Car Forums, an online Modified Car enthusiasts community with other like minded people who WON'T bash you for spending your hard earned $ on your pride and joy!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to

• post topics
  • private message other members (PM)
  • respond to polls
  • this message will no longer be displayed once you register.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Modified Car Forums Support Team.

Go Back   Modified Car Forums > Public Forums > General Automotive

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2008, 02:40 PM   #21 (permalink)
pinklc
Wannbe Racer

Ride: Holden LC Torana

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanka5.7 View Post
depends if your tyre fire is caused by puttin fuel or other accelerant in your tyres which i have heard has been the case with some people

Mate as far as i am concerned if you are doing that or tyre squirters it would be instant disqualifcation. Were there to have fun but we want to keep it that way. Fire is awesome and the crowds love it but we have to keep it safe first and foremost

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2008, 03:00 PM   #22 (permalink)
simbad
Team Manager

Ride: tow truck
Default now we are talking

hell yeh, lets get it on. good points brought up by all. crowd response is hard to guage as the crowd can start fresh, then be out of steam by the end of the night. maybe we get a noise meter and we ask the crowd what they thought and they get a chance to voice there opinion on each burnout! lets not forget one thing, we are after the tuffest burnout cars in each catergory. its both rear tyres together that get full points for tyre blow out. this shows driver experience to do donuts both ways. the crowd acknowledge the close double bang! tow away is a non score, same as reverse is no score! even though mrs-bad loves it. usually turns out that the bellhousing cracks! some people say appearance ranks high, what do you guys and girls think? i still think a controlled tyre will scare the victorians away. as they will come with there half worn ex taxi tyres!!! its about skill and vehicle capability! hey switched on, who would be the tuffest victorian burnout car? tell me and i will tell you who i would assign to take him out from nsw! i think the only way you guys will beat us is if you combine ten of your heavy hitters and use all the parts to build one car! i spoke to a contender last nite, and he thinx he is too good to come play unless the opposition is worthy. throw a name at me, give it your best shot and we will see if he gets stirred enough!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-06-2008, 03:03 PM   #23 (permalink)
BSZERK
MCF Moderator

Ride: BSZERK

oh yer simbad i love it ^^^^^^^^

Old 10-06-2008, 03:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
simbad
Team Manager

Ride: tow truck
Default whats a scratch

hey all you scared melbourne boys, dont worry bought your paint work if you blow both tyres, cause the prizemoney will be enough for a respray! tuff is what its a about! totally insane action! dont worry bout show and shine, amusement rides and fake tattoo stall, its hell to pay, world war one! and like the saying says"second place is the first loser" you guys and girls got me geeed up now. i been looking at blown crate engines in the u.s!!!. lots of our locals want to know what the rules are so they can build a car for the world war 1 showdown! and any sponsors keen ,should get in early for the bragging rights to the first ever state of origin! i still think rough and tough catergory will be added, as there are more of us guys willing to break what it takes for money! i dont know anybody who didnt start doing burnouts in a ****ter, hey im still in one!

Last edited by simbad; 10-06-2008 at 03:27 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:30 PM   #25 (permalink)
tanka5.7
Series Winner

Ride: hj 355
Send a message via MSN to tanka5.7

maybe some sort of ballot system would suffice, then there would be no need for judges or confusion

Old 10-06-2008, 03:58 PM   #26 (permalink)
pinklc
Wannbe Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbad View Post
hell yeh, lets get it on. good points brought up by all. crowd response is hard to guage as the crowd can start fresh, then be out of steam by the end of the night. maybe we get a noise meter and we ask the crowd what they thought and they get a chance to voice there opinion on each burnout! lets not forget one thing, we are after the tuffest burnout cars in each catergory. its both rear tyres together that get full points for tyre blow out. this shows driver experience to do donuts both ways. the crowd acknowledge the close double bang! tow away is a non score, same as reverse is no score! even though mrs-bad loves it. usually turns out that the bellhousing cracks! some people say appearance ranks high, what do you guys and girls think? i still think a controlled tyre will scare the victorians away. as they will come with there half worn ex taxi tyres!!! its about skill and vehicle capability! hey switched on, who would be the tuffest victorian burnout car? tell me and i will tell you who i would assign to take him out from nsw! i think the only way you guys will beat us is if you combine ten of your heavy hitters and use all the parts to build one car! i spoke to a contender last nite, and he thinx he is too good to come play unless the opposition is worthy. throw a name at me, give it your best shot and we will see if he gets stirred enough!
The only problem with a control tyre is what happens to blokes like me i have to use a 17" tyre and i know 1 or 2 blokes trying out 4 wheel drive tyres and also some of us have tyre sponsors.How about its a rule that you must use brand new tyres apperance doesnt make a tuff car you can have 10,000 dollars worth of paint and the thing will still be a pig And as far as blokes thinking they wont compete with out knowing who they will be up against that just says to me their sh**ing themselves.. I guess when the flag drops the BULLS**T stops Bring on your best and we will send them home with their tailshaft between their legs!!!

Old 10-06-2008, 04:13 PM   #27 (permalink)
pinklc
Wannbe Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbad View Post
hey all you scared melbourne boys, dont worry bought your paint work if you blow both tyres, cause the prizemoney will be enough for a respray! tuff is what its a about! totally insane action! dont worry bout show and shine, amusement rides and fake tattoo stall, its hell to pay, world war one! and like the saying says"second place is the first loser" you guys and girls got me geeed up now. i been looking at blown crate engines in the u.s!!!. lots of our locals want to know what the rules are so they can build a car for the world war 1 showdown! and any sponsors keen ,should get in early for the bragging rights to the first ever state of origin! i still think rough and tough catergory will be added, as there are more of us guys willing to break what it takes for money! i dont know anybody who didnt start doing burnouts in a ****ter, hey im still in one!
Yea like i said i dont think paint makes a car but a s****er class COME ON what you dont think you cant mix it with the big boys. All cars in the state v state thing will be in the one class no discrimination is this for the tuffest car or the tuffest car state. What do you meen shopping in the states for a motor what no good engine builders up there either. I used to think a lot of you new south welshman but my opinion is just going from bad to worse!!

Old 10-06-2008, 04:15 PM   #28 (permalink)
pinklc
Wannbe Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanka5.7 View Post
maybe some sort of ballot system would suffice, then there would be no need for judges or confusion
I agree with the no judge thing but unless it was a 2 day event and we run ths comp on sat night and then the ballot could be tallied up on sat night it would take to long to get a result.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:34 PM   #29 (permalink)
switched on
Wannbe Racer

Ride: LX HATCHBACK TORANA

your wrong Pinklc!!!!!!!!!!!!
will take no more than 5 minutes to tally up the ballot, cause its going to be a VICTORIAN whitewash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im loving this friendly rivalry its great!!!!
sorry simbad cant name just one toughest car down here cause all of them have baught home an interstate 1st place so im tipping if you have just one so called secret weapon entrant he will be a bit scared by now knowing this!!!
Old 10-06-2008, 06:46 PM   #30 (permalink)
tanka5.7
Series Winner

Ride: hj 355
Send a message via MSN to tanka5.7

lol switched on as long as you dont drive like your little bro you'll be right