Been a lil while since ive been on these forums but basically ive got my Supercharged V6 VX Commodore as my daily.
Im looking to save up for a massive trip to europe so dont wanna break my bank too much in the next year or so, So im curious to your input to whether its worth the time doing something along these lines.
Ive got a SS OTR induction system with a K&N Air filter already on along with a 2.5" cat back exhaust so im unsure if they are better then what they have told me to get. To my understanding a 2.5" exhaust is the best for a supercharger as it creates back pressure.
Best ways to get the best power improvements is to follow this simple template ...
1) 10psi Boost Upgrade - touted as the "Best Upgrade" option for your Supercharged V6. The 10psi Boost Increase Kit delivers very noticeable improvements in Power, Torque, Acceleration and Throttle Response. At $535 it is also the Best "Bang-for-Buck" Bolt-on it represents value for money and immense satisfaction.
The 10psi Boost Increase can be installed in as little as 30-40mins and is plug-and-play so you can drive it straight away.
Definitely 100% the very best upgrade you can do for your Supercharged V6 !!
2) 1.9:1 High Ratio Roller Rockers: One of our best selling products. Increases valve lift on intake and exhaust to give greatly improved flow, similar effects to fitting a cam, but with nowhere near the work, or cost involved. Improves Power (10 to 20kW) and Torque (20 - 30Nm) considerably, and improves revability of the engine especially after 3,00rpm all the way to redline. Cost $625 for the full kit
3) Type-S CAI Cold Air Intake System - "Street Series" - Cold Air Intake Kit. Simply the best design on the market. Through careful engineering and design this CAI kit avoids many of the pitfalls of traditional CAI kits Cost $295
4) Exhaust Upgrade - Single 3" all the way, cost around $585, increase power by 7-8kW
5) Pacemaker Exclusive Extractors 1 3/4" primaries, cost around $545, increase power by 8-10kW
6) Sundries: Cooler thermostat, Heat Shield - These cooling items complement your other modifications by assisting to keep the engine running cooler and producing more consistent power for longer. Heat shield $89, and thermostat with gasket $65.
The above package will net you around 225kW $1950
Further than that you can option for:
5) Intercooler, costs $2650, adds 50-80kW
The above package will net you around 270 - 280 kW with tuning for a total cost of $5850
This is all fairly approximated, but you will get a good indication of what costs are involved in achieving your targeted amount of kW.
We can style packages according to your requirements. By far the best performing products for your immediate gain are the Pulley Upgrade Kit and the 1.9:1 High Ratio Rockers, these are by far our Best-Selling and Best-Performing products for the majority of our customers.