join Modified Car Forums on FacebookModified Car Forums on Youtube
FAQ Members List Timeslips Arcade Games Conversion Calculators Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Modified Car Forums, an online Modified Car enthusiasts community with other like minded people who WON'T bash you for spending your hard earned $ on your pride and joy!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to

• post topics
  • private message other members (PM)
  • respond to polls
  • this message will no longer be displayed once you register.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Modified Car Forums Support Team.

Go Back   Modified Car Forums > Tech Discussion > General Tech Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2007, 12:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
jewfolife16
Newby

Ride: 1992 Acura Integra GS-R
Default Changing shift knob

This is a very very basic question, but I just don't want to screw anything up, as I usually let mechanics work on my car.

I have a '92 Integra GS-R, and as an import, I'm sure this will be super easy, but how do I remove the shift knob (standard stick), so that I can replace it with an aftermarket knob?

Thanks,

Ben
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2007, 02:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
aj510
MCF Admin

hi mate - never owned an integra but every car i've ever owned required you to unscrew the shift knob(on manuals). Then just screw on the new / aftermarket one. Just have a look and a feel - you'll be able to tell if it screws off or needs to be pryed off...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Peter Brock - bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-04-2007, 10:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
cycov8
MCF Super Mod

Ride: ford cortina

I agree adam i am pretty sure that all gear knobs are screwed on just turn it anti clockwise.

Old 13-04-2007, 05:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
kickass57
Virgin Racer

Ride: 57 chevy

Most are just screwed on but there are some that pop on and off, for example BMW one's pop on and off and if you try and unscrew them you'll brake the locators off inside. Some aftermarket ones are held on by little screws underneath aswell

57 PHOTOS

Old 17-04-2007, 03:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
cycov8
MCF Super Mod

oh well you learn something new everyday

Old 17-04-2007, 03:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
aj510
MCF Admin

so you learnt something about *your* knob or how to change a knob :P

Quote:
Old 22-04-2007, 01:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
kickass57
Virgin Racer

Ride: 57 chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj510 View Post
so you learnt something about *your* knob or how to change a knob :P
I think this dude wants to remove he's knob

57 PHOTOS

Old 23-04-2007, 05:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
cycov8
MCF Super Mod

i not gonna answer any more lol

Old 23-04-2007, 05:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
cycov8
MCF Super Mod

sounds like there is alot of screwing and popping on and off etc for a car gear knob though lol

Old 25-04-2007, 10:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
aj510
MCF Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycov8 View Post
sounds like there is alot of screwing and popping on and off etc for a car gear knob though lol
heh ;this thread went down hill really quick

Quote: