join Modified Car Forums on FacebookModified Car Forums on Youtube
FAQ Members List Timeslips Arcade Games Conversion Calculators Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Modified Car Forums, an online Modified Car enthusiasts community with other like minded people who WON'T bash you for spending your hard earned $ on your pride and joy!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to

• post topics
  • private message other members (PM)
  • respond to polls
  • this message will no longer be displayed once you register.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Modified Car Forums Support Team.

Go Back   Modified Car Forums > Tech Discussion > General Tech Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 20-12-2009, 08:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
347boss
Brake Slammer

Ride: 1970 capri
Default Aussie desert coolers?????

Hi All
Just wondering what your thoughts are on the Aussie desert coolers. I have heard mixed reports. Their seems to be plenty of them out on the road but keep getting mixed reactions when telling people that i am fitting one in my car.
Regards
Nathan
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Old 20-12-2009, 01:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
xdclevo
Brake Slammer

Ride: XD Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347boss View Post
Hi All
Just wondering what your thoughts are on the Aussie desert coolers. I have heard mixed reports. Their seems to be plenty of them out on the road but keep getting mixed reactions when telling people that i am fitting one in my car.
Regards
Nathan
I have a 4 core tripple flow (not alloy) one in my XD and it had a few dramas. The baffles for the tripple flow were not soldered in right and let the water bypass and only use 1/3 of the radiator, so i got the baffles removed and it works well now and runs cool.

I wouldn't get another one.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 20-12-2009, 01:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
347boss
Brake Slammer

Ride: 1970 capri

Thanks mate.
I keep hearing the same thing time and time again.
Problem is I bought a ADC burnout king with fans ect last year and have now found out that fitting it isent as easy as I was told. Do I make the mods I need to so it fits only to find out it wont do its job or do i start again with somthing proven.
Old 20-12-2009, 08:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
tuffskid
Brake Slammer

Ride: ba fairmont ghia,xh falcon ute, 85 hilux

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347boss View Post
have now found out that fitting it isent as easy as I was told.
thats Norm for ya....

i wouldnt p1ss on there sh1t! my 2 cents

Last edited by tuffskid; 20-12-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 20-12-2009, 09:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
HQGTS350
Newby

Ride: hqgts308

I use nothing but Aussie desert coolers in all of our cars especially the burnout car and its great .I had to modify the over flow tip by welding it as they are only pressed in but thats very minor .Very helpful people as well.
Old 20-12-2009, 09:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
racenu
Wannbe Racer

Ride: pink LH torana

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffskid View Post
thats Norm for ya....

i wouldnt p1ss on there sh1t! my 2 cents
there is nothing wrong AUSSIE DESERT COOLERS mate i have one in my blown LH torana and my temp sits on 150 in a burn out comp, may be people should be looking at there motors not the radiator for over heating proplems, Norm does build a very good radiator and they look good.
Old 20-12-2009, 11:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
DR Evil
Wannbe Racer

Ride: Hj GTS monaro blown 383

I brought an aussie desert cooler burnout king with fan setup cost me $1200, what a waste of money it was **** **** ****.

When my chev was N/A i was running a standard copper 3 core radiator,
I wanted some extra cooling capacity for burnout comps so i brought a Burnout king, Well what a mistake.
It wouldnt fit, and it made my car run hotter, And norm gave me every excuse under the sun " try this try that bla bla bla "
I installed electric water pump , big relays to fans, different coolant, diferent thermostats ,bigger alt, ect ect ect and it would never run right.
It was that bad that by the time i did 1 and 1/2 laps at the summernats it was sitting on 220 deg.

It only just maintined 185 deg crusing at 100klm on a 25 deg day.
Its a crap product.

So i just put my dirty old holden 3 core back in again with no engine changes and problem solved. So its nothing to do with peoples engines.

Once my engine was blown I went to race radiators and have never had a problem since.

Ive spoken to alot of people who hate his guts due to the money and frustration some of his products have caused, Im sure he may make some good ones but he make too many bad ones in my opinion.

Thats my 2 cents anyway

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 20-12-2009, 11:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
xdclevo
Brake Slammer

Ride: XD Falcon

Along with the bodged up tripple flow crap, the ADC XD radiator i bought was WAY taller than std, and i had to flatten out the lower mounts just to sit it in the bay to shut the bonnet, and i couldn't ude the std radiator top mounts, so had to bodgie that up to work as well.

Not good for a bolt in deal.
Old 20-12-2009, 11:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
DR Evil
Wannbe Racer

Ride: Hj GTS monaro blown 383

Yeah norm said its made to fit straight into a Hq to WB but i had to make my own brakets, bend my stone tray down and drill big holes into the bonnet support becouse the bonnet still wouldnt close. Its amazing how such a big radiator can be so f$%^king Sh%^T

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 21-12-2009, 10:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
bigred360
Virgin Racer

Ride: Hey Charger!!

I have one of the ADC triple flow Aluminium radiators in 360 running 11.5 compression (hot running engine). It has worked well in cooling the thing down but like everybody has said fitting was anything other than bolt in - it is too tall and required a whole new mounting set-up.

I know some people have had performance problems but the most common one I hear is that they work okay but NEVER bolt straight in.