join Modified Car Forums on FacebookModified Car Forums on Youtube
FAQ Members List Timeslips Arcade Games Conversion Calculators Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Modified Car Forums, an online Modified Car enthusiasts community with other like minded people who WON'T bash you for spending your hard earned $ on your pride and joy!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to

• post topics
  • private message other members (PM)
  • respond to polls
  • this message will no longer be displayed once you register.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Modified Car Forums Support Team.

Go Back   Modified Car Forums > Tech Discussion > General Tech Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
GT52DR
Clutch Popper

Ride: HK Monaro
Default Owners of LS1 in HK/HG/HT Holden's ...Help

I'm wondering what sort of clearence you have between the crossmember and the front of the sump in your car? Y'can fit ya fist in between mine...the bloke helping me with my conversion reckons he cant get it any lower with the rack and pinion steering in it now, but with the T56 it now looks like we are cutting the floor apart from firewall to diff to get it in...surely this aint right...it must be why people use a the top loader or auto option. The engine mounts look way too tall...and we had to relieve the bonnet slightly by removing some of the bonnet frame to clear the throttle body...has anyone got some feed back..take the tip those thinking of doing one,this is officially a pr!ck of a job, don't attempt this conversion it painfull and costly....cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg in 001.jpg (190.5 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg in 002.jpg (195.0 KB, 18 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2011, 11:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
sshatch355
Newby

Ride: lx ss hatch/hk premier/mk1gt

yep your mounts do look high. heres mine dummied up with a t400

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-09-2011, 08:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
GT52DR
Clutch Popper

What steering are you running though?
Old 12-09-2011, 10:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
sshatch355
Newby

Ride: lx ss hatch/hk premier/mk1gt

using a front mount rack and modified hummer sump.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 28-04-2012, 07:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
nelson99
Newby

sshatch355 just wondering where you got the engine mounting kit for the LS1 into the HK from cheers
Old 03-05-2012, 07:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
GT52DR
Clutch Popper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson99 View Post
sshatch355 just wondering where you got the engine mounting kit for the LS1 into the HK from cheers
Hey Snatch,
A mate of mine and myself made them up using the standard Commdore engine mounts...hang on and I'll look for a pic.....found one but its not the best...let me know if you are keen for more and I ll take some pics or measurements for you. Remember mine has a T56 so it needed to be high to get the tailshaft angle right becasue the car is going to be looooooooow....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 027 (3).jpg (186.5 KB, 9 views)
Old 05-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
nelson99
Newby

Gt just wondering what steering your using and sump
Old 07-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
39coupeute
Newby

Ride: ht monaro

I have a ht ls1 t56 not sure what sump but has rear mount vr como rack power assisted and drives unreal.i have heard some of the kits available drive badly to much bump steer apparently could be wrong tho