join Modified Car Forums on FacebookModified Car Forums on Youtube
FAQ Members List Timeslips Arcade Games Conversion Calculators Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Modified Car Forums, an online Modified Car enthusiasts community with other like minded people who WON'T bash you for spending your hard earned $ on your pride and joy!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to

• post topics
  • private message other members (PM)
  • respond to polls
  • this message will no longer be displayed once you register.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Modified Car Forums Support Team.

Go Back   Modified Car Forums > Public Forums > Members Rides > Members Projects

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 14-03-2010, 02:42 PM   #41 (permalink)
wotmazda
Brake Slammer

Ride: Mazda RX2 Sedan

Weekly Update Time

Thought I would show you guys what will be powering this little monster along !!!

I know a few of you were hoping I would go 12A – but I am very confident a certain 12A will be back out soon and I will only embarrass myself

So we have decided to go the tried & tested path for this one

Engine is being built with help from the following guys:

Steve Barnfather (69R1) for all assembly, final porting and little tricks – think more HP for everyone!!

Rohan (Extreme Rotaries) for machine work, clearancing, balancing and porting

Kev Webb (South Coast Rotary) for seals

S4/5 13B

Extreme Rotaries PR spec Bridgeport (final porting by Steve)
Extreme Rotaries clearanced rotors
Dowelled (no stud kit on this one)
Modified Oil galleries
Modified heaps of other things – proving again why I have good friends I trust with this **** !!

Here are a few pics to show you where we are heading

After a bit of decision making, I have decided to use all the manifolds and cooler I got from Mark Borg and the Mr Enforcer RX3 – I figure if it has already run a 7 – why change it !!

On a different topic – Big thanks to Lee (NFS13B) for hooking me up with Strange Engineering in the US

After being f*#ked around by a few of their wholesalers, I have gone straight to the source and my new 40 spline axles and pro race brake kit are on there way here !!

Will hopefully land in the next few weeks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Old 14-03-2010, 07:32 PM   #42 (permalink)
kustom67
Series Winner

Ride: za fairlane

good choice there mate cant go wrong with a 13b a mate had one in a circuit car 105e anglia always strong and always competitive against the v8 boys cant wait to see this little beast running
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 22-03-2010, 07:03 PM   #43 (permalink)
wotmazda
Brake Slammer

Weekly Update Time

No real updates on the car at the moment – work is underway but nothing worth getting photos of!!

Motor is a different story though – Will hopefully be assembled this week (or next given Compak Attack and Steve’s work schedule)

Will be out at the track myself – reminding me why I am so keen to get this one running

Porting is finished – I will keep some secrets on this build – but thought I would show you all the masterful porting on the exhaust side

Standard 13B (near enough anyway)

My 13B !!!!

Think we may just be able to flow enough to get that big TURBO spinning !!!
Old 28-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #44 (permalink)
wotmazda
Brake Slammer

Weekly Update Time

Back to the car this week and Anthony has been making some great progress

I think she is nearly ready for her ANDRA pre-tech inspection on the cage

The Funny Car cage has more bars than your average prison now and looks very much like it was meant to fit in a Mazda

Cage is now through the firewall and anchored to the back of the strut towers

Front nearly done – needs a few more brace bars – but nearly completed – it has been sat forward enough to handle an engine plate if I decide to go that way

Looking tough as nuts

Waiting for my axles and brakes to be finished and then she can sit on the ground and we can get an idea of how it will look when it is rolling !!!!!
Old 28-03-2010, 10:20 PM   #45 (permalink)
SK11TS
MCF Admin

Ride: v8 hilux / 2011 sportster

View My Photo Gallery

Bin Laden Liquors Champion! 3D Frogger Champion! Chuck Norris Champion! 1-i Champion! Assault Paintball Champion! aim and fire Champion! Attack Time Champion! 3D-Stereogram Tetris Champion! Bang adventure Champion! Chao fruit catch super hard Champion! Asteroids 2000 Champion! 3D-Stereogram Tetris Champion! Alkie Kong 2 Champion! Altex III Champion! Battle Pong Champion! Chicken and Eggs Champion! Chao fruit catch medium Champion! Armadillo Cowboy Club Champion! Batman's Gotham dark night Champion! Bricks Of Egypt 2 Champion! City Hunt Champion! Celebrity Hitman Terroist Alert Champion! Brighton Bounty Hunter Champion! Armada Assault Champion! Breakit Champion! Alpine Escape 2 Champion! Angel Pang Champion! Another non-African Safari Champion! Authority Shift Champion! Blix Man Catch Saddam Champion! Blam! Blam! Champion! Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman Champion! Bomby Bomy Champion! Bounce Back Champion! Bouncy n Bob Champion! BRIXXX Champion! Beeku Adventure Champion! Boat Hunt Champion! Chao fruit catch easy Champion! Chao fruit catch hard Champion! Blasterman Champion! Bomb Bandits Champion! Bomber Man Champion! Bungee Rescue Champion! Caray Snake Champion! Chavtris Champion! Cat Death Auto Champion! Car Park Chaos Champion! AutoMobil Champion! Beetle Buggin`: Novice Champion! Angel Power Racing Champion! Brum Brum Champion! Beetle Buggin`: Expert Champion! Carmageddon Champion! A-Blast Champion! Adrians Battle Bots Champion! Alien Rescue Champion! Alien Dash Champion! Alien Booya Champion! Alien Missle Attack Champion! Alien Showdown Champion! Alien Under Fire Champion! Alien Invasion Champion! Alien Terminator Champion! Asteroid Avalanche Champion! Claque Beignet Champion! Addiction Solitaire Champion! Air Strike Champion! Call of Duty 2 Champion! Against War Champion! Air Attack One Champion! Border Patrol Champion! Border 2 Champion!

man it looks like your getting set to boogie will be good to see how it all sits on the ground
How much weight do you reckon the cage would add to the car ?

Ban Low Performance Drivers Not High Performance Cars
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

REAL MEN SMOKE RUBBER

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 29-03-2010, 02:54 PM   #46 (permalink)
wotmazda
Brake Slammer

Thanks mate

I think we are up to about 5 months of build time now

Aiming to having her running by Christmas 2010
Old 03-04-2010, 08:49 AM   #47 (permalink)
wotmazda
Brake Slammer

WEEKLY UPDATE TIME

GUARDS ARE BACK ON – YEAH !!!!!!

DAMN TIDY WORK – HAND MADE IN ONE DAY

These shots are approx ride height for when it is on the ground – edge of the guard lines up with the top wheel stud !! SHOULD LOOK TOUGH AS NUTS ON THE GROUND !!

TIME FOR TECH INSPECTION and THEN SOME TUBS !!!!!!
Old 16-04-2010, 10:42 PM   #48 (permalink)
wotmazda
Brake Slammer

WEEKLY UPDATE TIME

OK – Bad News First

Axles got twisted in the heat treatment process at Strange Engineering in the US, hence no update last week

Thankfully they are good enough to spot this and to remake the axles prior to them being shipped to AUS

ANYWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got some great news today – car passed ANDRA pre-tech inspection for the cage, materials used and weld quality !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anthony has got a heap more done and some extra bracing over the rear chassis rails to prevent any flex

Shock mounts are done

Other Guard is finished

AND !!!!!!!!!!!

TIN WORK HAS BEGUN !!!!!!!!!!

Hope to see her on the ground soon
WEEKLY UPDATE TIME

OK – Bad News First

Axles got twisted in the heat treatment process at Strange Engineering in the US, hence no update last week

Thankfully they are good enough to spot this and to remake the axles prior to them being shipped to AUS

ANYWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got some great news today – car passed ANDRA pre-tech inspection for the cage, materials used and weld quality !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anthony has got a heap more done and some extra bracing over the rear chassis rails to prevent any flex

Shock mounts are done

Other Guard is finished

AND !!!!!!!!!!!

TIN WORK HAS BEGUN !!!!!!!!!!

Hope to see her on the ground soon
Old 23-04-2010, 06:56 PM   #49 (permalink)
wotmazda
Brake Slammer

Weekly Update Time

Thought I would start this week with something a bit different

Here are two of the rods that Anthony has built from scratch – all are HANDCRAFTED METAL BODIES !!!!

Will hook you boys up if you want to buy one ( I am trying to justify buying one at the moment)

Anyway – Here are some updated pics of my little toy

TIN WORK IS UNDER WAY !!!!!

Hoping to get some Axles soon so we can get this thing on the ground !!!!
Old 23-04-2010, 09:55 PM   #50 (permalink)
vkronic
Clutch Popper

Ride: Vk commodore

nice ride,
me n my old man are currently building a 508ci n/a bigblock for a coustomer hu owns the drag car "black magic" which is a lj torana.
ill try get som pics 2 u of the car and engine if u interested?