join Modified Car Forums on FacebookModified Car Forums on Youtube
FAQ Members List Timeslips Arcade Games Conversion Calculators Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Modified Car Forums, an online Modified Car enthusiasts community with other like minded people who WON'T bash you for spending your hard earned $ on your pride and joy!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to

• post topics
  • private message other members (PM)
  • respond to polls
  • this message will no longer be displayed once you register.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Modified Car Forums Support Team.

Go Back   Modified Car Forums > Public Forums > Members Rides

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 26-11-2006, 10:59 AM   #21 (permalink)
smokem
MCF Moderator

Ride: blown lh torana

nah that one was orange..
it ran 11.1 at 124 mph at air
very rarely missed a beat. that engine was
a killa combo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Old 27-11-2006, 09:14 AM   #22 (permalink)
aj510
MCF Admin

hey mate - spoke to your wife on msn and she said you kicked butt in brisvegas, congrats - got any pics of the event?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Peter Brock - bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-12-2006, 10:53 PM   #23 (permalink)
SK11TS
MCF Admin

Ride: v8 hilux / 2011 sportster

View My Photo Gallery

Bin Laden Liquors Champion! 3D Frogger Champion! Chuck Norris Champion! 1-i Champion! Assault Paintball Champion! aim and fire Champion! Attack Time Champion! 3D-Stereogram Tetris Champion! Bang adventure Champion! Chao fruit catch super hard Champion! Asteroids 2000 Champion! 3D-Stereogram Tetris Champion! Alkie Kong 2 Champion! Altex III Champion! Battle Pong Champion! Chicken and Eggs Champion! Chao fruit catch medium Champion! Armadillo Cowboy Club Champion! Batman's Gotham dark night Champion! Bricks Of Egypt 2 Champion! City Hunt Champion! Celebrity Hitman Terroist Alert Champion! Brighton Bounty Hunter Champion! Armada Assault Champion! Breakit Champion! Alpine Escape 2 Champion! Angel Pang Champion! Another non-African Safari Champion! Authority Shift Champion! Blix Man Catch Saddam Champion! Blam! Blam! Champion! Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman Champion! Bomby Bomy Champion! Bounce Back Champion! Bouncy n Bob Champion! BRIXXX Champion! Beeku Adventure Champion! Boat Hunt Champion! Chao fruit catch easy Champion! Chao fruit catch hard Champion! Blasterman Champion! Bomb Bandits Champion! Bomber Man Champion! Bungee Rescue Champion! Caray Snake Champion! Chavtris Champion! Cat Death Auto Champion! Car Park Chaos Champion! AutoMobil Champion! Beetle Buggin`: Novice Champion! Angel Power Racing Champion! Brum Brum Champion! Beetle Buggin`: Expert Champion! Carmageddon Champion! A-Blast Champion! Adrians Battle Bots Champion! Alien Rescue Champion! Alien Dash Champion! Alien Booya Champion! Alien Missle Attack Champion! Alien Showdown Champion! Alien Under Fire Champion! Alien Invasion Champion! Alien Terminator Champion! Asteroid Avalanche Champion! Claque Beignet Champion! Addiction Solitaire Champion! Air Strike Champion! Call of Duty 2 Champion! Against War Champion! Air Attack One Champion! Border Patrol Champion! Border 2 Champion!

yes very well done glenn and congrats on another trophie

Ban Low Performance Drivers Not High Performance Cars

REAL MEN SMOKE RUBBER

Old 04-01-2007, 12:37 AM   #24 (permalink)
Robyn
Gear Cruncher

Send a message via MSN to Robyn

yep 10th place was a great job...and the car was running absolutely crappo

but all fixed and now we will see if he can do ok at summernats, but there is tough competition coming out of the sheds now, not like previous years, so chances are slim but hey he does it coz he loves it and dont care whether he wins or loses

Old 23-04-2007, 05:44 PM   #25 (permalink)
Robyn
Gear Cruncher

Send a message via MSN to Robyn

here,s a bit of a run down on the new motor
ive organised a set of heads that flow around 650 with a cam that had only a 400 odd lift and my cam has about a 600 lift so they will be mental!!
for anyone that understands these figures the valve sizes on these heads are ....... inlet valve 2.250 ...exhaust valves 188...345 cc chambers ...308 inlet runners..
im using a scat CRANK and scat H BEAM rods i was gonna stroke it out to a 520 cuber but for safety ive stayed standard stroke
the block is getting bored out to 30 thou
and im using ross pistons to suit blown alky
im chuckin the timing gears and chain away and going in with gear drive
and putting a newby crank support and getting an extra key way put in the crank
also ill be running a crank girdle on the bottom to stop any movement down there..
the cam is a big solid hopefully it will be here next week as i had to order it from the states as a custom grind this cam starts working at about 4200 rpm so i need to organise a big stall converter soon aswell
for ignition side of things ive had a vertex magneto laying around for quite a while in my garage so i,ll send it off and hopefully all is good and i,ll be using that for spark
and on the fuel side of things im hoping to get the enrele bird catcher on top and feed it with methanol wich should keep it that bit cooler..
with the blower i was gonna go 8/71 but on advice i decided to work the pump hard instead of reviin f#$k out of the engine and ive gone for another 6/71 but im gonna run this about 10 % overdriven and crank in the boost!!!
extractors are gettin made localy as i done my research and found a fella that used to run a shop not far from my house and he said he will help me out once the engines in place he will make a set for around a grand and give the car back with em on
then i,ll pull out those 4.33 diff gears and go in with either 3.55 or 2.78 ratio we have em both so i just gotta make my mind up wich one basicly and chang the axles from 28 spline to like 31 spline or more otherwise SNAP!!!
and finaly im running a powerglide to transfer all the power to the ass end!!!

this engine when finished will be an absolute weapon beleive me!!!!
im thinking this will be one violent engine and i can see myself shaking with adrenalin after every drive!!

this should all be done in the next 10 weeks cant wait!!!!

--------------------

Last edited by smokem; 06-05-2007 at 10:21 PM.
Old 24-04-2007, 11:35 PM   #26 (permalink)
kickass57
Virgin Racer

Ride: 57 chevy

Sounds like a killer motor. Nothing like a blown methanol donk
You have to change the oil every start up with methanol don't you?

57 PHOTOS

Old 25-04-2007, 07:36 AM   #27 (permalink)
aj510
MCF Admin

sounds awesome Robyn? Sounds like Glenn :)

Anyways was gonna ask - why the massive change in diff gears? Looking for heaps more tyrespeed? I spose with that power it'd be quite easy to turn the tyres with taller gears.

Quote:
Old 25-04-2007, 08:40 PM   #28 (permalink)
smokem
MCF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickass57 View Post
Sounds like a killer motor. Nothing like a blown methanol donk
You have to change the oil every start up with methanol don't you?
id say i can start it up a few times before a change but probably have to change after every burnout .but its gonna be worth the hassle

Old 25-04-2007, 08:45 PM   #29 (permalink)
smokem
MCF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj510 View Post
sounds awesome Robyn? Sounds like Glenn :)

Anyways was gonna ask - why the massive change in diff gears? Looking for heaps more tyrespeed? I spose with that power it'd be quite easy to turn the tyres with taller gears.
i need to change the diff gears because with 4.33 ratio its gonna rev its guts out to quick and the last thing i wanna do is over rev it and go bang!! plus yeah the tyres will turn alot faster at full noize

Old 25-04-2007, 08:56 PM   #30 (permalink)
aj510
MCF Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokem View Post
i need to change the diff gears because with 4.33 ratio its gonna rev its guts out to quick and the last thing i wanna do is over rev it and go bang!! plus yeah the tyres will turn alot faster at full noize
ahh yeah you wouldn't want to lunch that engine - especially since you waited so long for it to be delivered

what sort of tyre speedwill you get with the new diff gear setup?

Quote: