join Modified Car Forums on FacebookModified Car Forums on Youtube
FAQ Members List Timeslips Arcade Games Conversion Calculators Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Modified Car Forums, an online Modified Car enthusiasts community with other like minded people who WON'T bash you for spending your hard earned $ on your pride and joy!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to

• post topics
  • private message other members (PM)
  • respond to polls
  • this message will no longer be displayed once you register.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Modified Car Forums Support Team.

Go Back   Modified Car Forums > Public Forums > Members Rides

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 28-02-2007, 07:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wazza
Newby

Ride: VZ SS 6L, VC HDT Replica
Send a message via MSN to Wazza
Default Wazzas VC HDT Replica

Here it is guys, bit of a work in progress, still needs alot of work.... but it does its job for now :)

Engine: 308, stage 3 cam, minor head work, edelbrock performer manifold, holley 650DP Carby. Pacemaker headers and custom TRK performance twin 2.5" exhaust
Box: M21 (that has somehow held up well to the abuse!)
Interior: Standard SL/E seats, black dash, few extra guages and stuff - working on other parts first :)
Wheels: 16" Simmons V5s - just need to get them repainted
Body: VC HDT Kit minus flares (coming eventually)

Pics: (click to enlarge)

Powercruise 05 (Syd)

WSID - Only a "Wicked Wednesday" but I won the burnout comp :)

Random

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Old 28-02-2007, 07:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
BSZERK
MCF Moderator

Ride: BSZERK

very nice ride wazza love the burnouts mate, what does she do down the quarter, are you also on the cpc forum

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by BSZERK; 28-02-2007 at 07:36 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 28-02-2007, 08:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
aj510
MCF Admin

looks nice wazza - just looking at the photos, how many sets of mags do you have? hehe

looks like you've taken it for a few drift sessions too??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Peter Brock - bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell
Old 28-02-2007, 08:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wazza
Newby

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRGD6 View Post
very nice ride wazza love the burnouts mate, what does she do down the quarter, are you also on the cpc forum
Cheers mate, it does cop a bit of a thrashing Fastest 1/4 time so far is a 14.4, but that was before the new manifold/carby and exhaust, so hoping for a 14 flat if not better next time
And yeah, I run CPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj510 View Post
looks nice wazza - just looking at the photos, how many sets of mags do you have? hehe

looks like you've taken it for a few drift sessions too??
Yeah, I've been through a few sets :) Bought the car with the VS SS wheels, then changed to gold 15" V5s but its much easier to source 2nd hand semi comps for 16s (hoping to take it to wakefield a few more times in the near future) hence the change to 16s. The chrome clubby wheels were from a mates car, just borrowed them for powercruise (was pre-V5s, and not a big fan of the SS wheels on it, so wanted something better )

And no drift sessions yet or planned, that pic was just from a nice big clutch dump around a corner for the photographer

Last edited by Wazza; 28-02-2007 at 08:48 PM.
Old 28-02-2007, 08:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
BSZERK
MCF Moderator

thought i reckonised the name be good to catch up at the skid pan day mate and we will give the old girls a flogging

Old 28-02-2007, 09:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Wazza
Newby

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRGD6 View Post
thought i reckonised the name be good to catch up at the skid pan day mate and we will give the old girls a flogging
Yeah, saw your link on CPC so decided to check it out :)

And definately cant wait for some more old school action on the pan, last time there was only 1 VH and 1 VK, so hopefully this time there will be more and we'll show the new school stuff how a car's meant go!
Old 28-02-2007, 09:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
BSZERK
MCF Moderator

here that aj wazza saw my link am i in the running for the tacho now, yer wazza we will show them new age boys up

Last edited by BSZERK; 28-02-2007 at 09:10 PM.
Old 28-02-2007, 09:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
aj510
MCF Admin

@ floyd - haha yeah i saw that when Wazza reg'd ;)

@ Wazza - just noticed the plates, they'd be worth an absolute MINT! Nice score there. I know it's a replica but have you got the VC HDT rims? They're not real pretty but they suit the car i reckon. Also are you planning on adding flares??

Quote:
Peter Brock - bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell
Old 28-02-2007, 09:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
BSZERK
MCF Moderator

they are awsome plates mate as aj said they would be worth a mint

Old 28-02-2007, 09:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Wazza
Newby

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj510 View Post
@ Wazza - just noticed the plates, they'd be worth an absolute MINT! Nice score there. I know it's a replica but have you got the VC HDT rims? They're not real pretty but they suit the car i reckon. Also are you planning on adding flares??
Yeah, was an awesome pickup with the plates - theyre probably worth more than the car now I also have 8ROCK plates on my VZ SS - anyone see a Brocky obsession here?

And the original rims are a bit of an acquired taste - personally I love em, suit the car nicely, but unfortunately in the current climate, finding a set of decent condition VC Brock wheels for a reasonable price is near impossible. The flares are on the to-do list Already have the flares and front bar to suit, just needs a little bit of fibreglass work and paint and they'll be right, just trying to get the rest of the car up to scratch first (also wanting to do a few other paint touchups when the flares are fitted, and probably a new sticker kit, so wont be cheap )