join Modified Car Forums on FacebookModified Car Forums on Youtube
FAQ Members List Timeslips Arcade Games Conversion Calculators Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Modified Car Forums, an online Modified Car enthusiasts community with other like minded people who WON'T bash you for spending your hard earned $ on your pride and joy!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to

• post topics
  • private message other members (PM)
  • respond to polls
  • this message will no longer be displayed once you register.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Modified Car Forums Support Team.

Go Back   Modified Car Forums > Public Forums > Members Rides

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 01:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
nightmaresracing
Newby

Ride: 331ci v8 tc cortina wagon
Default 1972 V8 cortina wagon

just a brief history of my mk3 wagon
got the car about 4 years ago as a hand painted 1600l that had a 2 liter and 5 speed fitted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2009, 01:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
nightmaresracing
Newby

i ran it for a while then fitted a 2.8 injection motor from a mk3 Capri

ran it for another couple of moths and decided the body and paint needed sorting

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-10-2009, 01:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
nightmaresracing
Newby

then my old supercharger came back up for sale and i thought why not so another engine swap to a 2.9 cologne V6 and a few more bits of bodywork after the car got damaged when my garage got broke into

Old 12-10-2009, 04:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
nightmaresracing
Newby

ran it for about a year after that then sold it to a mate who used it 4 times and then sold it back to me for a cut price
sadly after driving it for about 2 weeks a local police officer took a disliking to the supercharger and told me it had to go
another bonnet

Last edited by nightmaresracing; 12-10-2009 at 04:18 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
nightmaresracing
Newby

but the now N/A 2.9 V6 just didn't cut it after running the v8 van for a year and as the van was off the road and i had the engine out seemed only right to fit that instead . the engine was already stripped for it rebuild and i had a second hand 331 stroker crank to go in as well as some nice new scat rods, forged trickflow pistons,and twisted wedge cnc heads plus the F303 roller cam that was in the engine before

a few mods were needed to the body to help fit the freshened 331ci engine and tremec TKO 600 5 speed

Old 12-10-2009, 04:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
nightmaresracing
Newby

took the car to one of the first shows of the season but was having a few issues with it as well as some pretty bad fuel consumption figures. so decided that at this point that the vans new build would be little bigger than previously planned which then meant that the edelbrock proflow fuel injection the van was running was no longer need on the van and could be fitted on the wagon for better fuel millage . with that fitted another bonnet was needed this was borrowed from the van and quickly satin blacked ready for a show the next day .

the bonnet was then resprayed after the show and i had another little go with the airbrush second time i'd used one and was pretty happy with the results .
this brings use up to date with how the car is now though over the next few months the car will be changing again the plan is to get the smaller bonnet back on and fit a new stroger rear axle as the 2.0 one is showing signs of protest now and i can't get any decent rubber under the arches . i have the axle from the van to go on its an 8.8" from a 98 mustang GT narrowed 6" and fitted with moser 31 spline shafts and an eaton LSD

Old 12-10-2009, 04:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
nightmaresracing
Newby

thanks for looking i'll keep the thread updated as work is done
mark(Nightmaresracing)

Old 12-10-2009, 05:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
IVA-302
Licensed Driver

Thats an awesome wagon mate!
Old 12-10-2009, 08:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
355 VK
Premium Member

Support MCF Become a Premium Member

Ride: vk commodore 134,vr gts

mad car bud,when you said the local copper didnt like the blower whats the deal with the plod over there do they have defects and such or is it a fine and a talking to or send you for a inspection to clear the rego
Old 12-10-2009, 03:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
nightmaresracing
Newby

over here you get points on your license 12 points and you loose it . the car was technically legal at the time but a lot of offenses are down to the officers disgression including this one in his eyes he saw the car as dangerous because if it were to hit some one it could hurt them (no s**t its a 35 year old car the bumpers will hurt if it hits someone) but he wasn't having any of it and i got 3 points on my license . had it been another cop they would have probably just checked the car over made sure it was insured for the mods and i would have been on my way and that was from the local traffic Sargent but you win some you loose some