join Modified Car Forums on FacebookModified Car Forums on Youtube
FAQ Members List Timeslips Arcade Games Conversion Calculators Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Modified Car Forums, an online Modified Car enthusiasts community with other like minded people who WON'T bash you for spending your hard earned $ on your pride and joy!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to

• post topics
  • private message other members (PM)
  • respond to polls
  • this message will no longer be displayed once you register.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Modified Car Forums Support Team.

Go Back   Modified Car Forums > Classifieds > Parts / Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 21-09-2008, 01:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
stapla
Newby

Default TURBO - holden red 6 motor TURBO T04 kit

holden red 6 motor TURBO T04 kit
Ultimate bolt on power to your existing holden red six (Torana, HR HG HT HK Kingswood etc)

Used Garrett Airesearch T04 Turbo kit to bolt to Holden red Motor - 186, 202 etc
- Very Rare Turbo Inlet and Exhaust manifolds to suit holden red six.
- Garrett Airresearch T04 Turbo
- Fully Reconditioned SU Carby
- Hobbs pressure switch - used to activate water injection (methanol can be mixed for even more power)
I'm told these kits were sold as a "garrett strata kit" and possibly available as dealer fitted options back in the day (google - UC torana SLT)
Manifolds are in good condition - no visible cracks etc.

Do some homework - these manifolds are like hens teeth - if you are lucky to find any others becareful of any backyard custom stainless manifolds as I'm told these crack easily due to the turbo thermal expansion and contraction.

The turbo is in need of repair - it doesn't spin as freely as it used to. I don't think it is ball bearing turbo either. I'd suggest either a rebuild or ball bearing conversion - or consider some of the cheap T04 options on ebay etc.

The SU carby has been fully reconditioned by a professional carby repair
company - and has not been used since.

I had this kit in my 2door LJ Torana and it was very fast. Due to the size of the turbo, surprising I got very good fuel economy when driving normal. Also I found the turbo made the exhaust tone nice and quiet - away from any police attention.

POSTAGE is at YOUR COST
best way to contact me is pmitchell@comunet.com.au
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2008, 07:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
stapla
Newby

Default Red 6 Turbo kit now listed on ebay

Hi Everyone,

I've moved the turbo kit to ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&i tem=180295372190

Cheers
Peter.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!