join Modified Car Forums on FacebookModified Car Forums on Youtube
FAQ Members List Timeslips Arcade Games Conversion Calculators Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Modified Car Forums, an online Modified Car enthusiasts community with other like minded people who WON'T bash you for spending your hard earned $ on your pride and joy!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to

• post topics
  • private message other members (PM)
  • respond to polls
  • this message will no longer be displayed once you register.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Modified Car Forums Support Team.

Go Back   Modified Car Forums > Public Forums > Up & Coming Events

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 09:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
DRM ON
Newby

Ride: old falcs
Default Syd - Cruise for Kids 2011

Found this on another forum, I went on the last one and it was an awesome day. Will be travelling to Sydney again for this one.

Quote:
RMK CARPENTRY, JUICED PHOTOGRAPHY & 2SUS CUSTOM RESPRAYS WELCOMES YOU TO ATTEND:

CRUISE 4 KIDS 2011

FOR THOSE THAT MISSED CRUISE 4 KIDS IN 2008 – WE HAD OVER 2500 CARS AND RAISED OVER $18,500
IN 2011.. WE HAVE TAKEN THIS TO A HIGHER LEVEL.. 3 YEARS OF NEGOTIATIONS AND PAPERWORK TO BRING BACK AUSTRALIAS MOST DIVERSE AND LARGEST CAR CRUISE EVER.

IN CONJUNCTION WITH NSW GOVERNMENT / POLICE FORCE, SYDNEY OLYMPIC PARK AUTHORITY, CAMDEN CITY COUNCIL AND OF COURSE THE WESTMEAD CHILDRENS HOSPITAL, CRUISE 4 KIDS IS HERE TO HELP SHOW THE PUBLIC THAT THE AUTOMOTIVE SCENE IS ABOUT GIVING BACK TO THE COMMUNITY AND TO THE SICK CHILDREN THAT NEED OUR SUPPORT.

OUR DONATION WILL HELP KIDS WITH JUVENILE DIABETES AND CANCER.

WE WELCOME EVERY MAKE AND MODEL OF CAR, FROM VINTAGE, CUSTOM, JDM, ROTARY, V8, EXOTIC, SEXSPEC, HELLAFLUSH, MOTORBIKES (CHOPPER / PERFORMANCE) AS WELL AS ALL SPECIFIC MAKE AND MODEL CAR CLUBS TO ATTEND AND SUPPORT THIS WORTHY CAUSE.

WHEN: SUNDAY MAY 29TH 2011
MEETING POINT: 8AM: SYDNEY OLYMPIC PARK, NSW - HOMEBUSH BAY P5 CAR PARK POD B + C

DESTINATION POINT : CAMDEN’S BICENTENTIAL EQUESTRIAN PARK, CAMDEN NSW

DEPARTURE: 11.30AM

EXTRA INFO: THIS IS A FAMILY ORIENTATED EVENT WITH BBQ AND DRINKS, RAFFLES WITH AMAZING PRIZES AS WELL AS JUMPING CASTLES AND LOTS MORE FOR THE KIDS!

UPON ENTRY TO THE CAR PARK ON THE DAY A DONATION OF $10 PER HEAD PER CAR WILL BE COLLECTED FROM YOU,THEN YOU WILL BE GIVEN A STICKER FOR YOUR CAR SO THE POLICE WILL KNOW THAT YOU ARE PART OF THE EVENT. THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT.
ALL MONEY RAISED IS FOR WESTMEAD CHILDRENS HOSPTIAL

We would like to thank our sponsors:

SYDNEY OLYMPIC PARK AUTHORITY
CAMDEN CITY COUNCIL
NSW GOVERNMENT / POLICE FORCE
CASTROL
2GB – RAY HADLEY
2SUS CUSTOM RESPRAYS
MEGUIRS
MOTIVE DVD
CONCORD CUSTOMS
CAMDEN HIRE
THE WIGGLES
SPECIALITY CASTLES
FREESTYLE MAGAZINE
MOTOREX
HOUSE OF KOLOR
RTMT TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT
DJ ADAMO
LOVE OF CARS
HOT 4’S
STREET COMMODORES
STREET FORDS
EXTREME FORDS
AIRWIN AIRCONDITIONING & ELECTRICAL SERVICES
2GLF COMMUNITY RADIO
V ENERGY DRINK
REDBULL ENERGY DRINK
MARS FOOD SERVICES
TIP TOP AUSTRALIA
HEASMANS STEERING
THE GAMESMEN
DJ NICK SKITZ
INGHAMS
THE WIGGLES
WHOLESALE SUSPENSION
WICKHAM FREIGHT LINES
GEORGES FINE MEATS
TOMS FAMILY BUTCHERY
WOODCROFT QUALITY MEATS
GLENMORE MEAT COMPANY
OPTION AUDIO AUSTRALIA
STORAGE KING ROCKDALE
ALTUS TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT

FOR MORE UPTO DATE INFORMATION PLEASE REGISTER AT OUR WEBSITE:
HTTP://WWW.CRUISE4KIDS.NET/

AND JOIN OUR FACEBOOK FANPAGE:
http://www.facebook....193707277325119

NO BURNOUTS, NO STUPID DRIVING, NO NOTHING POLICE ARE NOT GOING TO TOLERATE ANYTHING ON THE DAY, SO CRUISE AND ENJOY THE ATMOSPHERE

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Old 18-05-2011, 09:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Oscar of Markoz
Provisional Driver

Ride: TF Cortina

Anyone from here going to this cruise? Its going to be massive. I'll be there in the wifes EK Civic. Plus its for a great cause.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 25-05-2011, 08:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rolla Boy
Newby

Ride: Toyota Corolla Levin

Definately hitting this up, great cause to support :)
Old 29-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
355 VK
Premium Member

Support MCF Become a Premium Member

Ride: vk commodore 134,vr gts

any one go to this ????any pics???? heard the coppers were giving them plenty and alot of people got out of camden pretty quick to save the dreaded defect...shame if it was that bad being a charity event...unless people were over stepping the mark on whats the correct behaviour....
Old 30-05-2011, 04:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
project ht
Provisional Driver

Ride: ht kingswood

had a look at this cruz yesterday lots off cars not enough muscle cars though cops were just getting there when i was leveing looked like a grate cruz though
Old 30-05-2011, 05:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
bmw308
Newby

Ride: V8 E21 BMW

I went too - never thought I would say this BUT it was TOO BIG !!

The array of cars wasnt 100% pleasing BUT I dont mind looking at a broader range than usual ( rotaries/4 cylinders etc) There was not a lot of tuff street ( other than a handful of toranas and some commodores) BUT THE TRAFFIC !!!

I left after lunch - the paddock was VERY full of cars and the traffic jamb was from the OTHER side of Camden back to Narellan with constant car flowing in to the show !!!!

I lot of young fellas around ( like the wan_ker that did a VERY smoky burnout at the roundabout in the centre of Camden ( not too clever ) and you could certainly sense there could have been lots of trouble but........didnt really see any !

I am sure it was a success money wise - $10 each person and the police media stated up to 5000 cars ( which was probably on the mark) - Hope the money hekps the cause.

My opinion is the same with all cruises - just cant get the cars into the desitination fast enough so...........................the hour + traffic jamb occurs and spoils things a little !

Overall - a success I am sure !!
Old 30-05-2011, 08:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Oscar of Markoz
Provisional Driver

Ride: TF Cortina

Yeah, we went with the wife and kids. Was a good event, but one lane in and out of the destination point was not a great idea. Massive traffic buildup and then the cops blocked off the road and at least another 1000 or so cars didn't make it to the destination point. Further more, those cars had gathered onto the queue at the starting point where no one was handing out stickers and collecting donation money, so lots of money did not make it into the hands of the organisers. Well done NSW Police! Thanks for stopping a few thousand dollars from making it to the Charity that we were trying to raise money for.
Old 31-05-2011, 03:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
ilc 350
Newby

Ride: lc torana

i went also, while it was great to raise all that $$ for a great charity, i thought that there was too many "ordinary" cars there that just added to the trafic nightmare. But in saying that, well done to the organisers for raising alot of well needed funds!
Old 31-05-2011, 04:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
1TUFHK
Gear Cruncher

Ride: monaro vk kingo hilux premier

Yeh went to this to everyone was pretty well behaved not heaps of tough cars plenty of buzz boxes. They said they had 2500 cars paid and collected a sticker but i think there was close to 5000 turn up if not more. THe traffic was insane all they up the m5,all way to camden through main st etc. Then at then end of it all was retard cop that blocked off the road/roaundabout and wouldnt let anyone else in even though it was a huge area plenty of space for all the cars and even as more cars left woudlnt let more people in to get a sticker and make a donation good one NSW police, Cops Are Flops !